Sunday, January 29, 2012

The first post

So this is it! My very first blog post.  After agonising for hours over backgrounds, colours, headers, fonts and pictures I finally settled on a very simple arrangement.  No doubt this will change over the coming weeks, months and (hopefully) years as I get my head round the concept of blogging and start to form a better idea of where this is heading.




If you've read my rambling so far, many thanks and it's good to have you here.  Even if you haven't read my 'about me' yet, you'll have probably guessed from my header picture that the content of this blog will be primarily centred around the past-time of miniature painting and modelling.

I returned whole-heartedly to the hobby in October 2011 and I've completed a couple of projects since then.  Now I feel compelled to share my my humble contributions with the world! Well, who-ever stumbles over this page anyway...

I'll be working on commissions (I hope) for war-gamers, individual mini's, small squads, dioramas and maybe even some scale military stuff, just to mix things up a bit.  In other words I'll be keeping myself very busy indeed.

The (very) rough plan is to show a work-in-progress at least once a week on whichever project I'm working on.  I'll also regale you with my thoughts (don't roll your eyes), the odd sketch if I'm up to it and invite you to comment and contribute as much as possible. I told you it was a rough plan...

Right - to kick things off, I'll share a pic of the first project I did last October.  For some reason the first thing I decided to paint after 12 years of 'hobby inactivity' was Space Marine Scouts.  An odd choice with the benefit of hindsight, but they came out ok(ish) and they gave me the bug to do more.  Hope you like and feel free to comment. Be nice though... it's my first time...

Paul




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment