Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WIP - Preshading + magnetic Devilfish

Welcome to another Work in Progress Report for my Tau army.  Now before you judge my pre-shading work, lets all remember that airbrushes are tricky things to master ok?...

Actually I think it came out ok and the general concept of pre-shading was successful i.e. 'colour in' the dark bits of the model.  I used Vallejo Panzer Grey Surface Primer for the job which by coincidence was reviewed on Tale of Painters yesterday by Garfy.  It got a resounding thumbs up, so that's reassuring!  My work isn't all that neat but I hope as my experience and confidence with airbrushing grows so will my control.

The jungle camouflage paint job hadn't gone well

Magnetic Devilfish

If you're a regular reader you would have seen my Tau army list yesterday.  The army comprises 3 Devilfish Troop carriers.  To make these a little bit different I've decided to make the crew hatches 'open-and-close-able'.  As an in-experienced modeller this was a bit daunting but nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

Thankfully some bright spark has done a lot of the hard work already so I had some great instructions to follow, downloaded from the Tutorial section of the brilliant Eastern Empire blog. Many thanks Seb!

This is what I've done so far and I'm pleased to say it works superbly.  This means that I'll need to make sure the interior of the Devilfish is painted which is what I'll be starting today.  More WIP's soon!

Closed hatch

Open hatch

Inside view of hatch

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment