Friday, January 4, 2013

DUST Walker finished

Maybe that should be RUST Walker...?













Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2013 is going well for you so far.

I thought I'd kick off the new year by actually completing a project! This DUST Walker one has been languishing on my 'to-do' list for months and I finally knuckled down to finish it just yesterday.

Overall I'm fairly happy with the result.  I may have gone a tad too far with the weathering and I should have stuck a decal or 2 on there but otherwise it's kind of how I saw it in my mind's eye at the outset.

The painting and weathering steps were completed in exactly the same way as my other very rusty piece, the ork bommer. For the chipping, I applied GW Charadon Granite with a small piece of sponge (like you get in a blister pack).  You need to dab off most of the paint onto a piece of paper first and then gently apply it onto the model where you think it's going to have received the most wear and tear.

I also paint on chips with a brush especially on edges or where it's difficult to reach with the sponge.

Rust was painted on using slightly thinned GW Scorched Brown, going over some of the chipped areas and creating rust streaks or spots.  I was able to achieve some quite nice effects by going over the scorched brown with Vallejo airbrush thinner to diffuse the edges slightly.  If you're going to use this method make sure your base colour is completely cured and/or apply a coat of varnish beforehand.

I've posted pics of the walker in it's various weapon configurations below. In the meantime, I'm going to use this momentum to work on another project, a 40K Imperial Guard Valkyrie. Not sure when I'll be posting about that but hopefully I'll get a WIP to the blog soon.








































































































































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment