Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tau army WIP: The Big Push - Part 2

Day 2 - The big push continues.  With mixed results...













It was all going pretty well today.  All my Battlesuits with the exception of the commander had their secondary colours applied and got their first wash of Badab Black.  The next stage was to give a very gentle highlight followed by another wash of Badab Black.

Trouble was at the highlight stage on 2 of the Battlesuits I started faffing around applying paint chips and battle damage, something I've never tried before.  Thats fine except... (deep breath)...
I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!!  Don't I know this is the week of the big push!?

Of course I do, so I stopped that but not before losing an hour or 2 on my 'experiment'. So the remaining Battlesuits join my increasing 'snag list' in the hope I have time at the end of the week to finish them off.

I did have time to give the bases of the Fire Warriors a thin coat of Graveyard Earth and I have 4 Battlesuits that I'm going to call finished aside from the bases, so I'm making progress but again I'm not where I want to be schedule wise. You win this round "time", (shakes fist at sky).

But chin up! There's no time for 'if's' and 'but's' when there's work to be done.

Tomorrow I tackle the Devilfish(es) and Hammerheads in a bid to catch up.

The Tau boy band needed more rehearsal time

















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Really liking how that green turned out - it's very moody. Keep up the great work man!

    ReplyDelete