Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wolf Guard Terminator - WIP 5

Armour basecoated!














I'm using Vallejo model air black grey for my armour base colour as I wanted a nice dark base.  I think Space Wolves are a little too light in tone a lot of the time so by going darker I hope I can get something that is still recognisable but different enough to catch the eye.  It's a greenish-grey which, in truth, I wasn't expecting but I think is kind of interesting.

Next step is shadows and highlights for the armour.  This is a really important step as I want nice graduated tones.

I'm not so worried about the shadow parts, I really enjoy adding the shadows, the part that makes me nervous is the highlighting.  I'm going to be using pretty dilute paint to get the effect I want but if it's too dilute it can cause tide marks which can potentially ruin the paint job.

Something to consider but in the meantime, I took a couple more pics at different angles.  Less than one week to go!  I can see an 'all-nighter' in my future...














































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. Looks good so far. I really like the pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Inkub, I wanted something relatively dynamic, something that said "You're next".

      Delete