Monday, April 9, 2012

Wolf Guard Terminator - WIP 1

This friendly looking chap will be my entry for Salute 2012...













This is a picture of the test fit I did, to get an idea of the pose I wanted and just to make sure everything would fit vaguely together.

Next step is cleaning everything up, getting rid of the mould lines etc and putting it all together.  I think the wolf pelt cloak will be a sub-assemblywhich I paint separately for easy access during the main painting stages. My plan is to work from the inside to the outside, painting the face first, then the armour, then the pelt, then the weapon and shield and finally the details.

After the figure is complete I want to build a suitable base too and I have some ideas around that but nothing final yet.  The traditional home for a Space Wolf is the 'snowy base' but I'm not certain I want to go in that direction... I'm not writing it off, I'm just not completely sold on it.

After all the army painting I've been doing recently it'll be nice to focus on just one mini to do the best job I possibly can.  Salute will be the first painting contest I've ever entered and I haven't left much time for myself but I'm determined that this guy will be ready for my deadline of Friday 20th April (The competition is on Saturday 21st April).

For the uninitiated, Salute is the UK's premier wargaming event. Click here if you want to have a look.  I've never been before and I'm really looking forward to it.  It would be great if my mini can win something but given I've only been painting a few months that could be a 'tad' unrealistic.  As I said in my last post I really want to enjoy the process of painting so anything else would just be a bonus on top of that.

I'll update asap on the next stage in this WIP.

Paul


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment