Friday, April 13, 2012

Wolf Guard Terminator - WIP 4

Face and hair done...














Pretty pleased with my progress.  The face and hair are looking pretty good (easily the best face I've painted to date) although they both might need a bit of fiddling before the end.  Certainly the hair bands(?) will need some colour to finish off but I may leave that until the detail phase of this project.

I broke from my game plan a little bit (I was going to paint the armour after the face) to give the fur on the cloak and loin cloth a couple of coats of Scorched Brown with a little bit of Tallarn Flesh added, followed by 3 increasingly darker washes of Devlan Mud and Badab Black.

Colours used for the flesh tone:

Base: Tallarn Flesh
Shadow: Tallarn Flesh with increasing amounts of Scorched Brown over 3 or 4 passes. Bit of Black in the last pass for the very deepest recesses.
Highlight: Tallarn Flesh with increasing amounts of Elf Flesh over 3 or 4 passes. Blob of Vallejo ivory in the mix for the uppermost areas (brow area and bridge of nose)

Hair is mainly desert yellow with a tiny bit of Tallarn Flesh, shaded with a Scorched Brown/Devlan Mud mix and highlighted with a Desert Yellow/Vallejo ivory mix.

Next up is the armour and I'll try and get that all base coated this evening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. It's looking real nice, I like the details on the face. Can't wait to see the complete paintwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks coyote, I think I needed your sculpting skills for the fur bits..

      Delete